Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Vegas Haul



I just got back from an awesome trip to Las Vegas. I had never been there before, and I wasn't sure I'd like it, but boy was I wrong! Even if you aren't much of a gambler, there is so much else to do that it doesn't even matter. I gambled a total of $10 and I was content with that (for the record, I left Vegas up $27!) 

Since I was there for a wedding weekend, I didn't have too much time to shop. There were two main stores that I HAD to stop at because I don't have any near me at home. Those two stores were Inglot and the MAC Pro store

I first stopped at Inglot. To me, they didn't have that many eyeshadows or unique nail polishes, so I just ended up picking up their gel eyeliner in #77 (black). I've heard that its lasting power is better than mac's fluidline gel liner so I figured I'd give it a try- I'll report back later with a review. 


I ran over to the MAC Pro store and went right up to a makeup artist and asked her what I could get at the pro store that I couldn't get at home. She showed me all of these crazy colors that I couldn't see myself wearing and proceeded to inform her that I was looking for more of a subtle look. That's when she sold me on these...



(From left to right: MAC's Soot eyeshadow, Fleshpot lipstick, Costa Chic lipstick & NC15/NW20 Chromographic pencil)

MAC's Soot was probably the most normal eyeshadow color she showed me. After she swatched it I could tell that it would have great blending capabilities so I figured I'd give it a shot - Fleshpot is what she recommended to me after I told her that MAC's Myth makes me look like death -Costa Chic takes MAC's Jazzed to a whole new level - and the Chromographic pencil I was told would give me the best "concealer" look on my waterline. All of the these items can only be bought at MAC Pro stores or if you have a MAC Pro card online. 

Overall I'm happy to have had the chance to pick these items up. Vegas was really an amazing time and I can't recommend visiting enough! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails