Sunday, June 12, 2011

Desert Essence Organics Hair Care



So I've tried a few different paraben & sodium laureth sulfate free shampoos. The biggest problem that I have with most of them is the fact that the shampoos don't lather enough for me to feel like it's actually cleaning my hair. I had temporarily given up on finding one that would work for me- when I came across the Desert Essence line on sale at Whole Foods. Normally $7.99 each, the Desert Essence shampoo & conditioner were on sale for $6.99 (big deal right!). Even though it was just a dollar, it gave the push to try it out.



The Good:
*The shampoo lathers like a dream. I was honestly shocked because I thought the "bad" ingredients were what made it lather.
*It smells like wine.


The Bad:
*The conditioner doesn't really do much for me. With my curly hair I like something that feels thick and may stick around in my hair to help me brush through it (terrible, I know).

Overall I'd definitely say try out the shampoo. For being 100% vegan, wheat & gluten free, cruelty free, biodegradable and free of parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates, phthalates, artificial fragrances or colors AND silicones..... it does a great job clearing my hair of any build-up. Two places that I know carry Desert Essence products are Whole Foods and The Fresh Market.

Do you have any paraben/sulfate free hair care suggestions??


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails