Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects


So my cheap a$$ wouldn't try them until I saw them on sale. FINALLY my local grocery store (wegmans) marked them down to $5.99 (normally $8.99) and I picked out the most sparkly set to try out on my nails. The set I chose was called Frock Star and it looked like this:



Putting them on was...interesting- but somehow I made it out alive. I was kind of disappointed with how some of the edges turned out, but I blamed it on the fact that it was the chunky glitter that didn't file well.

About 3 hours after putting them on I knew they were doomed. The edges of the glitter started lifting and if I would touch my hair it would get caught under the glitter. I eventually started peeling them off my nails, but then decided to use the nail polish remover (as directed) to get the job done. Can you say nightmare?!!?!? I thought the whole benefit of getting the glitter set was that I wouldn't have to deal with the nightmare that is removing glitter from your nails. This is 10x worse. I literally ran one layer of polish remover over each nail and proceeded to scratch the rest of the glitter sticker off.

I'm pretty sure I won't be repurchasing these. I would definitely rather spend the $6 buying a bottle of nail polish that I can use over and over. Although maybe some of the other designs wouldn't be such a pain... some of them are pretty cute...




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails